From:
Brad Boutwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 06:25:11 -0600
I have a 20 GB dive that is currently partitioned at 2 GB (FAT - Primary DOS
part.) and an 18 GB extended partition containing 2 more 2 GB partitions
(FAT) and 2 8 GB partitions (FAT32).  My intent was to install WIN 98 on the
primary partition, then add NT 4.0 to the first 2 GB partition in the
extended.  For some reason, NT does not like this, the install always says
that the partition is damaged or cannot be formatted, even after I
re-created it and tried to get NT to do its own formatting.  I am using an
NT disk that does NOT contain a SP build...could this be the problem?  Do I
need to get a CD with a later build (incorporating a SP into the install) or
is there some other method need for this situation?

P3 450
AOpen AX6Bc MB
128 MB PC100 RAM
Matrox G400 MAX video
SB Live sound card
Netgear NIC
3COM modem

Thanks for any help,

Brad in Tulsa

PS: Yes, WIN 2K will hopefully solve all my problems, but it's another month
away :)

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html