From:
GeorgeMary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2016 07:52:15 -0500
I have a Dell 17R 5720 Laptop running Windows 7 pro, i7 Intel Mobile, 8
GB Ram, 1TB hard drive, and integrated intel graphics.  I bought it just
this way about 4 yrs ago and it has been running good up until the
current hiccup.  What is does is just turn off to black screen while I'm
using it.  Sometimes it clicks once (could be hard drive seating?), but
I am hard of hearing, so maybe clicks everytime.  It doesn't seem to
happen consistenly doing any one thing like videos.  If I play videos
consitently to check out if it is overheating, the fan cycles on and off
blowing warm air.  I lifted the keyboard to check fan movement and it is
moving.  The event logs for this time shows a critical error.  Kernel
power event ID 41.  I have taken it apart to look at the system board
under bright light, but have not been able to see anything like burn
spots or puffed up capacitors.  I haven't taken the heat sink off yet
since I don't have any thermal compound, but I think that could be next
when I get some. The laptop is currently back together and is doing the
same thing.  PC doctor doesn't find anything on extended memory and
drive tests.   Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this or
similar?   Thanks  George.

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>