From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 20:18:28 GMT
Mike,

There are a couple of ways to address this.  Either go with an on-line email
service (I use hotmail.com, which works pretty good), or get Juno.  Each has
advantages and disadvantages.

The on-line email allows you to pull mail from anywhere you are at, as long
as you have an internet connection.  Mine even pulls email from my POP
server for my regular ISP.  I never use that email account, but some people
are slower than others at realizing this (even though it's been over a year
since I switched).  Therefore, every once in a while I select the option to
pull my POP email, and it imports it all to my hotmail account.  You can set
it up to either leave the original email on the POP server, or delete it
when you import it.  The disadvantage is you have to have a connection to
the internet to get your mail.

With Juno, you don't.  You set up the account and the connection software is
on your PC.  This would work great with a laptop, and it is an offline
setup, so if you are using a cell phone you are just connected for a couple
of minutes while your mail is downloaded, then you disconnect and read
offline.  The problem with this is every time you go to a different area you
have to change to the local access number.  This can be a pain sometimes.
Also, there is no way to pull mail from your home POP server, so everybody
sending you mail has to send it to the Juno address or you have no way of
getting it.

I hope this helps.

Kyle