From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:02:53 -0400
Hello Ian!

"Anyone here used Ghost 2003 in XP to backup their system?  Then restore =
from a backup?

Anyone used Ghost 2003 in XP to backup their system onto a USB =
enclosure\HDD?  Symantec's website seems to indicate that this is =
possible. =20 Ian Porter Computer Guys Inc. Arrowtown New Zealand

I use Ghost on my Dell XP Pro machine and have reinstalled from a Ghost
image three times with no problems (outside of Norton AV being quite
confused - a uninstall and reinstall fixed it). As I go through the setup
portion of Ghost for imaging a drive, it seems to correctly identify a USB
2.0 HD that I could use to store the image. I don't use  that simply because
I have a FAT32 partition on the HD that works faster when I restore. I do
make a copy of that image on the USB HD, and during the restore process,
Ghost does see it.

HTH!

Best,

Will Stephenson