From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:15:09 -0400
Looking in my now outdated "Upgrading and Repairing PC's" (Que) 6th Ed. ,
there is a long list of beep codes (about 50 or so).  Rather than copying
down the whole list for you, if you could repeat the error and be more
specific I may be able to translate it into these codes.

However, looking through the codes, all codes that appear to begin with 2
beeps seem to be related to RAM failure.  For instance, the beep code 2-4-3
indicates Bit 14 first 64K RAM failure.  Perhaps a bad memory module could
be your problem.  I can't tell if the codes distinguish between long and
short beeps.  I'll try to remember to see if there's an explanation in the
book when I get a chance.  You could probably find a copy at your local
bookstore (or library) and just turn to the back section with the technical
data and see if you can make sense of it yourself.

Hope this is of some help,

Bill Nussbaumer