From:
bobwarasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:41:46 -0400
Subject: [PCBUILD] RE: [PCBUILD] DVD - CD-RW  -  HDD connections

> You're going to have to have a cable that jumps from the HDD way at the
bottom all the way past everything in between to the DVD at the top.

I discovered that when I tried to connect the ribbon cable between the DVD
and HDD.  I solved that problem by moving the DVD to the lowest wide bay and
moving the CD-RW up to the top.

>Why not have the DVD be a slave to the CD-RW on IDE1, and have the HDD be a
solo on IDE0, which would leave you the option of >having a second hard
drive or something else on the same channel.

I've read some commentary that recommends connecting the DVD drive and HHD
on the primary.  They suggest connecting the DVD on the CD-RW cable will
slow down writing.

Bob

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com