From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:51:40 -0600
I have transfered all of my old video onto DVDs and CD-Rs. My digital
camcorder is the easiest. With this, I just hook it up to my firewire
conection and transfer it all over then burn the DVD. With my old VHS-C, I
tried just using the video capture on my video card and it worked, but I got
better quality by transfering it to my digital camcorder then just
tranfering it via firewire just as I previously did with the original
digital video.

To transfer film, I used a devise that a friend had that you simply
projected the film with the original projector, then recorded the video with
your digital camcorder. The unit was more or less a big plastic black box
with a matted looking white screen on one end. When setup, the projector and
the recording camera sat on the outside next to each other with a large hole
and a velvet looking cloth covering them. It was not very comercial looking,
but the end product looked very presentable. I would probably make a similar
item, if the was cost more that $50 or so to buy ready made.

I use Pinnacle Studeo software, but I think that MS has software built into
XP that will do simple transfer work.

Dennis Noble
It's not what you want that makes you fat,
It's what you get.

>Send them to me... :)  You need a way to transfer the video to the PC
>(Capture card) then software to burn to a DVD Writer.
>Mostly the same for film but you need a device to capture the film to the
>computer or camcorder then transfer the video to DVD.
>8mm film can be done for about $.10 a foot, 16mm is more.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com