From:
Volkard Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:14:37 -0500
At 11:22 AM 1/1/01 -0500, you wrote:

>What's your plan?  You could put the two w2k drives on
>your primary controller, configured as master/slave, and
>put your w98 drive on your secondary controller.
>
>Now you have to assume that when you power down your
>w2k drives, the bios will boot from your w98 drive, even
>though the w2k drives are still attached.  (You also have
>to assume that the unpowered drives won't mess anything
>up by just being there.)
>
>If I were you, I think I would test this scheme before investing
>the time in building a switch.   (Just do it by hand, by detaching
>the appropriate power cables, and try rebooting.)

Hi there...

The biggest problem I see in this... is that, if I'm not mistaken, whatever
drive your booting from, the system must boot from the primary master. You
may be able to boot from a floppy, switch to the Win98 drive and type win
<enter>. This is still questionable. Next time I install Win98 on my test
machine, I'll see if I can install to, say.... D:\windows

Volkard Linke

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html