From:
Trevor Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:17:36 +1100
I teach a few classes where we use old 386's for test runs for dissassembly
etc. One opf the problems we have had is the CD's we get the students to
fit test bench style work on one or two machines but not others.

A friend told me today that some 386's/486's could not run more than ONE
physical hard drive ( The CD's are IDE with jumper in place) due to a BIOS
limitation... which is the first I have heard of that happening...

Can anybody enlighten me as to whether that is correct or has some
semblance of truth or not?

TIA

Trevor Gibbs

                                  -----