Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 15:52:59 +1200
Boot from a boot disk containing FDisk and use the command  'fdisk /mbr'
As far as I'm aware, this will rewrite the master boot record (there are 2,
in case of this sort of emergency) and may enable you to reboot normally.

However, using fdisk /mbr can have it's dangers.  If you can get on the net
on another machine, I suggest you go to www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtfdiskmbr.htm
to see what you should check for before you use it.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand