From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:03:31 -0800
On  8 Mar 98 at 22:55, Nicolas Cure wrote:

> I have an Award BIOS dated 12/19/95
<snip>
> The question is where and how can I get the
> BIOS upgrade.

  That's up to your motherboard manufacturer.  If you can't determine
who that is, Award can tell you, from the numbers, who they supplied
your BIOS to.  [I believe there's a couple of web sites that offer
access to this information.]
  If your manufacturer doesn't offer a BIOS upgrade, you may be able
to find an upgrade through www.mrbios.com that will work.

  Simply installing the new BIOS will not fix the problem -- you need
to reformat the drive to take advantage of the BIOS instead of the
overlay software you're currently using.

David G