From:
Bill & Andrea Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 20:43:25 -0400
Thanks Steve;

    I had forgotten to enable sharing. But alas, that didn't solve the problem.
The questions continue however.
    Can one have too many network components listed? I have (partly due to my
bumbling about);

Client for Microsoft Networks
Dial-Up Adapter
PCI Ethernet DECchip 21041 Based Adapter
IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol - Dial-Up Adapter
IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol - PCI Ethernet DECchip...
NetBEUI - Dial-Up Adapter
NetBEUI - PCI - Ethernet DECchip....
TCP/IP Dial-Up Adapter
TCP/IP PCI Ethernet DECchip ....
File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks

Should any be removed?

Next, I believe this issue was just discussed, and I now I wish I had paid more
attention. The cable I was provided is wired as such.

        End Number One            End Number Two

Pin 1    orange                            blue
Pin 2    orange stripe                   blue stripe
Pin 3    blue                                orange
Pin 4    green stripe                     green stripe
Pin 5    green                              green
Pin 6    blue stripe                       orange stripe
Pin 7    brown                             brown
Pin 8    brown stripe                    brown stripe

    This is looking at the connector with the clip to the bottom. The wire is
labelled ET64469 24awg type cmg-ft4. I've checked continuity from end to end. Is
this correct?
    TIA again to all.

Bill