From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:58:16 -0800
Angela,

Judging from the cpu (pentium 200MHz), you are using an older model computer
that probably does not support the 20GB hard drive you purchased. Older
computers were limited to ~2GB (and ~528MB before that) due to hardware and
software limitations. The next bump up was 8.4GB hard drive limit. Windows
ME might be a bit of a stretch on this system as well. The 64 MB ram is a
bit on the low side. For a small investment in time and money, you could
build an AMD duron based computer with 246MB RAM. You could probably salvage
the hard drive, CD burner, keyboard, mouse and monitor to use in the
upgrade. To stay on the cheap side, I would look at the ECS K7S5A
motherboard (built in sound and lan), a 1.3MHz AMD Duron, and 256MB of 133
SDRAM. You will probably need a new power supply as well. You should be able
to do this for under $200. Other possible necessities would be a new video
card. Any ISA cards would also have to be replaced.

Good luck,

Jim