From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:53:10 -0500
Howard,

You are using software that predates Win95 and Plug-N-Play and we need a
WHOLE lot more information from you.

First of all,  what operating system are you working with?  DOS?  Win3?
Linux? Win95?
and what kind hardware? 486? Pentium II? AMD?

Secondly, why are you working on this CD?  Did you just put this CD into
the PC or are you trying to reinstall software for a previously existing
unit. Or are you trying to put together a system from spare parts, or is
this your cousin's PC that just suddenly quit working, or.........

Thirdly, are you sure the CD is connected to a special card (or a sound
card)?
If it is, then you will need to look at the bank of jumper pins on the
card to see what the setting is.  If it isn't,  then this software may not
be needed at all.

And fourth, but certainly not last.... What kind/brand/model of CD is
this?

Do not send the answer directly to me but send them to the list so all
members may contribute and/or learn from the conversation.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====