From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:55:36 -0700
Hi Mick,

I haven't tested this (I would have tested for you in my work lab, but we
had an emergency move last week and it's completely torn down), so I'm not
sure if it applies to XP.  However, Windows 2000 will allow you to unplug
and plug a network connection without having to reboot.  So, you should be
able to just unplug the system when you don't want it on the network, and
plug it back in when you do.  If you truly want a switch to do it, I would
head on down to my local electronics store and find an on/off switch that
has eight wire inputs and outputs, then splice it in to my patch cable.
However, I wouldn't recommend that unless you have experience with such
wiring.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"