From:
Clinton A Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:54:38 -0500
Hi list,

I went to an online auction site and got several Socket-7 and Super-7
motherboards used with dual AT and ATX power input connectors for
upgrading customers older systems with either style of case.
Some came with CPU's.
One came with an AMD K6-2/500Mhz that I put into a case with a 230Watt
power supply, two hard drives, CD, CD-RW, two floppies and an extra case
fan.
Ran it for six months and sold it to buy parts for my next home project.
The motherboard upgrade cost me less than $50.
You might be able to swap the older memory over to the new board.
Especially if you can find one that has slots for both the 72-pin and
168-pin memory.
If the board comes with onboard audio and video and you plan to use these
options instead of what is in the case now, be sure to ask for the cables
for them. I have one now that the manufacture is out of business and I
can't get any info for the pinouts to make my own cable.

There are options for older systems, especially as a second computer for
home or just as a project to experiment with, you just have to look
around some.

Good Luck,
Clint Worley
Worley Technology

>  --- On Mon 02/03, Robert Zeoli < [log in to unmask] > wrote:
>
> My kids have a AT mid tower sytle pentium 200 that I would like to
> upgrade a little for them.  Are there any options available for this
> style case? I am thinking I would need to replace the motherboard,
> ram, and processor.
> Thank you.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com