Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:14:24 -0500
Hi Peter,

You're right, the label side of a CD is very fragile, even more so than the
other side. Personally, I don't have the time to use labeling kits or to try
making labels. I have always used a non solvent based felt tip permanent
marker on my disks. It serves my purpose and it's never caused any damage.
They are readily available at most office supply stores and places like
BestBuy and Circuit City. Some are even labeled for use on CD/DVD disks.

Here are two guides in PDF format that are handy to have around for
reference. These are direct links to the file:

Quick Reference Guide for Care and Handling (294KB):
http://tinyurl.com/3d3a4

A Guide For Librarians & Archivists (1.24MB):
http://tinyurl.com/2x43f

Sven Swanson, Sr.