From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:34:50 -0700
  I am using a $70 retail EFA board with the K6 266mhz  ( www.efacorp.com
).  It had no documentation for the 266 but I noticed jumper settings that
matched the K6's specs.  Viola!  I have a 66mhz K6 that benches @ around
Pentium 412mhz.  This means that the BIOS doesn't recognize the chip's
speed yet the operating system does.

  Later, I downloaded a BIOS upgrade from the EFA site and was pleased at
how easy and well it went.  BIOS reports 266mhz now.

  Pretty good deal @ 70 bucks for the board and 120 for the chip.

Of course, within hours of use, I'm already used to the speed and ready for
400+mhz.... welcome to the world of multimedia computing, people!

gary r. tennesen