Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:39:13 +1200
A reinstall of W98SE on a customer's Celeron 733\64Mb pc was uneventful
until I tried to Defrag.  'Not Enough Memory To Defrag', it told me.  Say
what?

Turned out Scandisk wouldn't run for the same reason, though it worked ok in
DOS.  But neither facility would run in Safe Mode.

A google found umpteen references, some of which seemed to indicate that the
problem is caused more by small cluster size, than lack of ram. From what I
read, it seems possible to change the cluster size.

Anyone able to comment on the matter?

The subject pc's 20Gb Fujitsu HDD was fdisked to Fat32 and formatted
normally.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown