From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 00:29:50 +1100
I don't know where i should post this, I hope it's not out of topic.
I have few questions, they may look stupid but plz help.

1) while in win95, scandisk can never finish Thorough scan, because it
says something running and write on HD, but there is no harddisk
activity except scandisk, the only thing running all the time is volume
control. however, i boot from A: drive and run scandisk, it shows
nothing wrong. what's wrong?
2) my harddisk is UDMA 2.1G, mobo is luckystar TX baby AT. as you can
see, I intalled the mobo driver and Intel 82371AB PCI bus master IDE
driver. In device manager, should i check the DMA box in setting tab?
Currently the DMA is not checked. I tried to check it, but the registry
problem (as the following) won't allow me to do it.
3) sometimes, my harddisk may have unexpected activity (like swap files
on HD, but it can happen while there is nothing runnig, so I bet it's
not), then win95 give me a Registry problem message. This error has been
nightmare to me for long time. I couldn't find any conflict software.
Does this problem have something to do with my harddisk and HD driver?
Any idea what's the harddisk activity?  I checked viruses, it's clear.

Thanks for any help

Jun Qian

                                  -----