From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:00:52 -0700
                A Whole lot of snipping:
   About a week after I had it running it began singing a loud whine after a
few minutes (sometimes hours) of operation. When I removed both sides of the
computer case it cools enough to where it won't whine while running.

  I decided to order a dual 80MM fan ($16) from http://www.millisec.com and
a digital thermometer  with a flat thermistor ($14).

   Before the fan arrived I drilled 40 small holes in one door side to see
if that would allow enough cooling (it did not).

        I saw this particular cooler at user group that I belong to and it really
looked interesting. I don't have one, nor do I have any affiliation with the
company. I just know there are those who like to try different things on
their machines. They do speak of all the usual problems with windows which
can be related to heat.
http://www.2coolpc.com/2coolpc/index.html

Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA