From:
Brendhan Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:46:15 -0400
> I don't know if anybody will be able to answer this, but here goes.
> I just recently got sprint broadband. I now have several cables entering
the
> corner of the house, 2 dish network tv cables, 1 broadband cable, 2 phone
> cables and 1 VHF radio antennea cable. The question is all these cables
are
> getting to look kinda sloppy and I was wondering what kind of cross
> interference I might experience if I was to bundle these together in an
> effort to try and clean up the installations.

The Coaxial cables from the Sat. dish are shielded and don't give off much
interference. The phone cables don't really give off to much unless you have
a computer that is constantly on a dial up modem. You can receive a small
amount of interference from a burglar alarm but this is not likely to be a
problem. Now the ugly culprit in this is the VHF radio antenna cable. This
probably the worst culprit in the bunch however it too may not be a huge
deal.  I would say this with the fact that the vhf line is there I would
sleeve in EMT conduit 1/2" if you can disconnect the cables.  Or use split
nipples for them if you can't disconnect them. I would sleeve them by group
if possible. 1 for vhf ,1 for Sat. Dish, 1 for phones, and 1 for broadband.
If you can only sleeve one do the vhf line. Now if you can't sleeve any of
them when you go to bundle them up do it flat not round with the vhf on one
side and the broadband on the other. I really don't think you are to likely
to hit to much problem even if you bundle them all together with ty wraps.
But if you want piece of mind try sleeving them  a short distance about 12"
( sleeve length ) should be plenty.

Brendhan Horne

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>