From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:45:36 -0800
On 17 Nov 98 at 21:53, Leonard Lequay wrote:

> I have a packard bell monitor, and I tried to set the time back,
> but unsuccessful First I double click on the time icon at the lower
> right of the monitor,then I click on time zone, where I have check
> on ( Automatically adjust clock for day light saving changes) Can
> any one advice me on what steps to take to change the time.

  [The monitor is just the "TV tube" on which the computer displays
things.  The time is actually being tracked by the computer and
re-drawn on the monitor each minute.]

  If you position the mouse cursor over the time and click the right
button, a menu pops up.  The highlighted menu entry is "Adjust Time
and Date" -- like any other menu, you can select this by a left click
on the words.
  This brings up the Date/Time control panel, which you could also
reach via Start|Settings|Control Panel|Date/Time.  You've already
gotten this far.

  Now look where you've been clicking on "Time Zone".  Just to the
left of it is another "tab" labelled "Date & Time".  Clicking that
gets you the "pane" where you can change the date and time on the PC.

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html