From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 06:32:56 -0400
In this country refurbs are usually advertised as refurbs, and the serial numbers are not customarily changed or relocated.  They also come in either white or plain brown boxes.  In your case it appears that the serial numbers were altered, and that the boxes are original but were turned inside out.  I would suspect that you may have gotten new ones that were hijacked or otherwise stolen.  You'll find out for sure when you go to get warranty service and are declined.  Try calling your local HP tech support line to find out if the serial numbers are real.  If not, unless you want to fix them yourself, you might consider getting your money back.