From:
Lynn Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:32:02 -0500
Beep problem solved- thanks to all of you who ventured an idea or tried to help in some way.

It did turn out to be the Voodoo3 3000 card, I assume, as the beep stopped when I switched it out for the Geforce.

While in the case, I finished up on the Promise controller, put each optical drive as master on each of the motherboard controllers.  Also, ran 3DMark & PCMark before & after changing the AGP aperature between 64 & 256 (which there had been a choice of 128)—64 was best.

Removed & placed in an antistatic bag, my 3COM Robotics modem to store- I’m on cable & figured it might help with any PCI/IRQ snags.

One last thing- & I do not know when this started as I just noticed it during all of these changes today:

C:\> SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T4

C:>

A cursor appears & blinks above the “s” on the setblaster line.  This appears after all of the BIOS stuff & just pre- desktop.  I do nothing & it just continues on it’s way to booting up.

What the devil is this?  I tried looking it up on Google but didn’t see anything that related to my system (I have Yamaha onboard sound).

So, one mystery down, one to go…..

Anyone?

LT

PS:  Prayers & sympathies to all connected to or involved with the Space Shuttle on this incredibly sad & awful day….