From:
"Paul J. Traynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:37:06 +0100
Hi,

Is your scanner a USB or paralelle device?.  If it is a paralelle device and
is connected to the printer port, do you have a printer also connected to
this port via the scanner interface, do you or did you have  an omega zip
drive attached to the port at any time as I found in the past this device
caused my scanner not to work giving much the same  message as you are
getting.  Look to what you have connected  to the port for a start.

Also make sure that in the bios you have the printer port set to "ECP" mode.

paul.

Hi

I recently installed a generic Twain scanner and Omnipage Pro in my computer
(Pentium 133, running Win98SE, 80 mb ram)and selected it as default scanner
during setup. My problem is that everytime I
click on "Acquire" in Omnipage, I get the error message that says "Your
scanner is being used by another Caere application, please wait till the
process is finished" ( not the exact words, but that's the gist of it). The
only way I can get an image into Omnipage is to scan and save it as a file
first, then open it in Omnipage. I can't find any help at the Caere site. Is
this a scanner i.e hardware problem? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Julie

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: