From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:03:23 -0700
If you are using the network cards to connect the computers, then you
are NOT using "Direct Cable Connection." This is Microsoft's designation
for using serial or parallel ports to connect computers - NOT when using
a NIC. You need to configure your network settings using the network
cards.

When connecting two network cards, you will usually need to use a
crossover cable (as has already been mentioned before) or a crossover
connector if you can find one. Some network cards will work with a
regular network cable - they adjust themselves to make the correct
connections - don't count on most cards doing so, however.

Peter
The NoSpin Group