From:
Kevin Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:52:02 +1200
Hi folks,

As a virgin PC builder, I found that everything went well this
afternoon,
; Asus A7V133 into an ATX case, - Duron 800, Socket A fitted nicely into

the mobo.and locked down.

My problem started in trying to fit the heatsink and fan.

The force required seemed excessive, so I backed off and double-checked
everything.
All seemed right, so I used a screwdrivers' direct downforce to force
the tab into place, being careful of the memory slots.

My question is ..... is this normal ?  It took a bit of strength, and
the mobo.was bending.

I appreciate the importance of good heat transfer. (using Artic Silver
etc.)

The pressure generated by the crossbow spring arrangement is enormous
for a plastic tab, I just wonder if I'm wrong somewhere ........

Kevin.