Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:36:31 -0500
Hugh,
The Adaptec instructions that came with the HD conversion kit talk about a Y
Cable for the USB ports in order to assure enough power when there isn't
enough.  I don't have one to use on my laptop but I did plug the external
drive into a desktop but it didn't have compatible file types (FAT 32).  I
will need to get a cable.  Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW I tried it on a different laptop with NTFS file type and the computer
device driver caused a "stop error" and forced a computer reboot!  I don't
know whether this helps or compounds the understanding of my problem.

Thanks again for the tip.
Jim Lloyd

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads