From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:14:03 -0500
I have Ghost 5.xx and am working inside any limitation I "might have"
as far as size and OS concerns...  (Less than 8G, no WinME)
Lets say I want to Ghost a 1G+ partition to an image file, and there is
only one partition on the source drive and it runs under EZDrive 9.04
I do not want to use cards, network cables, parallel or serial connections.
I "could use" a parallel zip drive, but do not have enough empty disks,
and am not interested in getting them...

If this is the only machine that has EZDrive on it, would you use a different
machine (with no relevant LBA BIOS limitations) that has a drive with sufficient
space and do the Ghost with both drives in that newer machine?
I think that would require installing EZDrive in the Boot drive boot sector of the
newer machine, but would not require that existing hard drive to be run "under"
or be controlled by EZDrive.  Am I right so far?

Would that cause any long term effects in the newer machine?

This is for back-up and eventually moving the info out of the old machine for good.
(With Ghost Explorer, for instance...)

Does this sound like a good idea, or a bad idea?
     Thanks in advance for your feedback.
                      Rick Glazier

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com