From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:54:05 -0400
Joyce,
I think you need a cat-5 or cat-6  crossover cable for a pc to pc connection.  If you're connecting 2 pc's through a switch or modem, a standard (straight thru)  cat5 or cat6 cable to each pc would suffice.  Both types of cables are twisted pair cables, consisting of 4 twisted pairs or 8 conductors, of which only 4 are used.
Paul Hachmeyer