From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 03:04:50 -0700
Hi David,

What do you consider "very cheaply"? Without knowing more about your network
structure, I would suggest you find a good broadband router, which can be
had for around $40 (I found a real good SMC router on Newegg for $39.99 with
free shipping). Almost every broadband router these days comes with a
built-in firewall, so you can get rid of the Sygate Personal Firewall. The
aforementioned SMC has access control based on the MAC address of the PC.
They use a web based interface so there is no special connection that needs
to be made to configure them. They can be a little tricky to set up based on
how well the interface is put together, but you can usually get a lot of
good help from the manual or online.

That's my two cents worth at least.

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM, David Jonathan Justman <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good evening!
>
> I am running WinXP Home, and hooked up to the network through a Siemens NAT
> router and an old Sygate Personal Firewall.
>
> I would like for some of the Windows users to be able to use the Internet,
> and some to be blocked from it.  I'd like to be able to do this either free
> or very cheaply.
>
> How do I do it?
>
> Thanks.
> David.
>
>        The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
>           web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
>              Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>