Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:08:48 -0500
While not as easy or graphical as windows, you can indeed edit parts of
the registry from dos.

there are three steps involved.

1)  export the item(s) to be edited.

for instance, if you want to view all items in your hkey_local_machine 's
run section, you can use from dos prompt

regedit /e filename.reg
hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currectversion\run

This will export that item and everything within  into a file called
filename.reg.

Step 2 is to use dos's EDIT command to edit the .reg file (its plain text)

   edit filename.reg

Step 3 is to update the real registry with your modified one.

  regedit filename.reg

will import it back replacing what is there.

(Step 4 would be deleting the filename.reg   if you have no further use of
it)

Keep in mind this works Both in MSDOS mode and in a DOS window with
windows running.

Hope that helps some

Christy Duncan