Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 07:41:40 -0600
Looks like you are running XP, I am not very familiar with XP. I am
trying to learn though. I use 98SE/ME and it is much more forgiving of
error than XP as far as I can tell.

But I had this same problem with my computer for a time as well.
Sometimes a scandisk and defrag would correct it. I also noticed that
Zonealarm does not like (as far as I can tell) 98 too much anymore.
Especially with Netzero or AOL. Between them I often still can get the
'close Explorer' thing! Has not happened since I turned Zonealarm off.

Adding the Axcel's ME bat seems to have cleared the 'close Explorer'
issue!

Funny, ZA only started hogging all my resources and memory the past
year.... was working fine until upgraded to the 6 version, though 5 has
issues of its own.

I hate this because ZA has been my fav for years! So right now I just
depend on AVG and Spyblaster which appears to be handling things well for
now.

If you figure out what to do post it?

lazarus

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 18:59:45 -0500 Donna Hampe <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Thank you all for the time you spend to help us.
>
> I can 'right click' the Desktop/Taskbar and use the Menu. However if
> 'right click' a folder on the Desktop or on any Drive, it looks like
> it
> is trying to open the right click menu but doesn't. Then I have to
> use
> Ctrl+Alt+Delete and it says 'Not Responding' - then I have to End
> Task.
> Sometimes there is no Program showing and then I have to use the
> Restart. It then shows - Ending explorer.exe.
> I have tried to do a Restore and any date I choose, it goes through
> the
> process and then a message appears saying it can't do the Restore.
>
> I have 1 GB of RAM - 10 GIGs free space on C. I have not installed
> any
> new programs.
>
> I hope I explained this okay and thank you anyone that can help.
>
> Donna Hampe

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml