Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:24:15 +1000
If you are using win98 (not 2nd edition): at the time MS release win98, there was no PIII/Celeron cpu yet, so win98 reports all celeron and P3 CPUs as P2, that's ok, it
won't affect performance at all, it was just a "reporting" issue, not a problem.

Jun Qian

Joe Fehrenbach wrote:

> I'm still ironing out the problems with the new system I've built.  The newest problem I've noticed is that my System Information isn't accurate.
> I have a Intel PIII 600MHz, but the system identifies it as a GenuineIntel Pentium(r) II Processor Intel MMX(TM) Technology.
> It also says it has no FPU.
> Is this going to affect the performace of my computer?  Even though Windows isn't recognizing my CPU correctly will programs still be able to use the FPU and the PIII?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html