From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:45:20 -0600
At 06:57 AM 8/7/99 , Mike Buraczewski wrote:
>I know that this topic may fall under the category of personal preference, but I have a
>general question for those of you that build/work on systems regularily.
>
>Have you found that the AMD systems are in general easier than / harder than / the same
>in difficulty to setup and get working properly.
>
>I am trying to check my experience against others.  I have found that although once
>setup the AMD system is snappy and reliable, it seems that in general it is a bit harder
>to get the system setup and running properly.  Is this my imagination, or just abnomly
>in my base of knowledge?

I have built quite a few of both and found no difference in the assembly
process of the computer, nor in loading the operating system.   I do not
recommend one over the other for any particular reason.

Maybe you can explain the issue you seem to be experiencing during the
setup, (I am not sure exactly what you mean by "setup" in this instance).

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: