From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:22:44 -0600
Hi,
I just went through this yesterday myself.  Drive c compatibility mode,
then rem'd out my config.sys like you, and the yellow exclamation marks
on the primary ide controller.  (Actually I believe mine was on the
secondary). And with losing my cdrom drive during all this.  Yes, Western
digital 3.2 gig.   I had to go and reload the drivers for my controller.
It was on my disk that came with my motherboard.  (Bus master PCI IDE
driver)  For  me, I didn't just click on update driver in device manager,
but ran the utility from the cdrom drive and ended up re-booting twice
and everything ran fine from that point on.
After that, everything is working beautifully other than I can't get my
winmodem working.  sigh

hope this helps.
David A. Abbe

>>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>><< I have the same kind of problem with a new built machine. The only
>common
>>point is the hard drive (WD) and the Operating System. (PII 333, 16
>mb) When I chek in
>>My Computer...then, properties....  Performance Tab, it say
><Compatibility mode
>>paging reduces overall system performance > then <drive c: using
>MS-DOS
>>compatibility>, the same message appears for all the drives
>(including CD-ROM drive).
>> Then on the Device Manager tab, there is a yellow exclamation mark
>under the
>>title <Hard disk controller> beside <primary ide controller (single
>FIFO)>.
>> So what to do?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html