From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:56:07 -0500
A dynamic IP address is supposed to change as opposed to a fixed or static IP address.  Every once in a while I have to pull the power plug on my router and/or print server to get IP addresses reassigned.  Kind of a reset because one or more computers on my home network can no longer find each other or a network printer.  When I do that I kill the power to the cable modem as well.  Then I power up the modem, plug in the router, plug in the print server in that order.  I've never had a problem with performance.  If we go away for a few days I turn off the cable modem.  Nothing bad has happened yet in 3 years.