From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:43:29 -0400
This is from the Sygate FAQ ;

"q12. Are two network adapters required to use SyGate with my cable modem or
DSL modem?

Yes. You must have two network adapters for SyGate to be able to use the
cable or DSL modem. The cable or DSL modem plugs directly into one adapter
and the other computer or network hub plugs into the second network
adapters. SyGate then routes information to/from one network card to the
other. "

Looks like you need another NIC installed on your machine.  You can't run
Sygate off an uplink on your hub.

Ben Moore

Subject: [PCBUILD] SyGate used with cable modem

> Has anyone had success getting SyGate to work with two PCs and the cable
> modem connected to a hub.  The ISP tech installed the Com21 cable modem on
> the uplink port of my Linksys 10/100 ethernet hub.  He configured one PC
> with an IP address, one gateway address and two DNS addresses.  SyGate
says
> it is supposed to work with cable modems, but does not mention the
situation
> where the cable modem is not directly connected to a NIC in one of the
PCs.
> The software installs as a server on the PC with the ISP configuration,
but
> the daignostics routine fails.  I can get past that by then running setup
> again and installing  SyGate as a client.  It did install on the second PC
> as well as a client.  However, that PC cannot find the "host" PC.  Well of
> course not since there is no host PC.  When I reinstalled the software on
> PC as server, even though diagnostics failed, I tried manual configuration

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html