From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:19:45 -0400
SP2 is a little weird. I did two home PC's and my laptop without any problems except they all slowed down booting and loading programs noticeably.  On my homebuilt one I've had nothing but headaches.  On several occasions I've thought I had a virus or two, but with some very aggravating tweaking I've gotten it to work again.  Most recently, yesterday, in fact, it quit booting up altogether.  I ran Goback to revert the hard drive to how it was a couple of days ago.  I uninstalled a couple of programs, and reinstalled SP2. SP2 finished in about 5 minutes or less, and now the computer runs again.  Go figure.  I'd say set auto updates to notify you and let you choose to install.  Install everything except SP2 for at least a couple of months.

>I am pretty much a novice.  I understand that eventually I should be receiving the XP2 Service Pack thru my automatic updates feature.  (I have a Dell, XP Home 2000).  I've read some stuff about problems with the new XP2.  I've ordered the CD, but now have cold feet, and am wondering if I should maybe turn off my automatic updates & wait till the "bugs" are worked out.   - trouble is, I'm not savvy enough to know if I'm asked first whether I want to install an update, whether I should or should not, so have been just getting all the automatic ones.
>
>Thanks for your advice.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     visit our download web page at: