From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 21:56:35 -0700
You can also use "immunize" in Spybot for real time protection as well
as the real time protection of Spyware Blaster and Microsoft Defender.
If you pay for AdAware, there is an "AdWatch" for real time protection
though I have found that it conflicts with one or more programs I use.
Therefor, I leave it inactive.

Also, if you donate towards Spyware Blaster, you can set it for
automatic updates. Microsoft Defender notifies you when updates are
available (done via Windows Updates). You can set up Spybot to look for
and install updates as well as add them to the immunize list whenever
you start the program. And, finally, you can set up AdAware to look for
updates whenever you start that program.

Tom Mayer

Sven wrote:
> Hi Denise,
>
> Generally, the "all-in-one" suites that consist of several programs are not
> as effective as individual programs designed for a specific job. No single
> anti malware/spyware program is 100% effective. For this reason, plus the
> fact that these programs do not conflict with each other, you can't have too
> many. I recommend that, in addition to what you have, you add the following
> programs... all free:
>
> SpywareBlaster 3.5.1
>
> SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.4
> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/download/index.html
>
> Ad-aware SE Personal Edition 1.06
> http://snipurl.com/96mb
>
> Once installed, SpywareBlaster runs in the background to protect you and all
> you need to do is check for updates every few days. You will need to update
> and run scans manually with the other two on a regular basis.
>
> Sven Swanson, Sr.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com