Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 00:29:40 +1000
Win98 itself doesn't have password protection at all (hit Esc / Cancel to by-pass), the only case that win98 password does work is in networking, which you need a login user name and password, without it, network resources are not accessible (anything on local disk is not protected however). If you don't  have third party
security software installed, you shouldn't have the password problem. Next time you see the password window, hit Enter to give it a blank password, if it works, you won't see the window again.

Jun Qian

Joe Fehrenbach wrote:

> Okay!  I finally finished building my machine and it couldn't have gone any better in my opinion.  Only problem is that after I installed Windows 98 the password screen started coming up.  I've never had this happen before.  I didn't enter a password and I cancelled the message but it continues to come up whenever I boot up.
> How can I get rid of this?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html