From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:04:34 -0800
  Usually removing a protocol from Network Settings will also remove 16 and
32-bit commands from your System.ini; however, your system probably hung
after you asked the computer to restart or some other malady occured.

Use the sysedit command from the start button RUN command and then go to
your system.ini file and edit out the banyan command.

You'll probably see something like this:

[386Enh]
mouse=*mickey.mouse
device=z:vvinesd.386
device=lockme.up

    NOTE: to disable a command in the INI files, place a semi-colon to the
left of the command ----
; device=z:vvinesd.386           <-----   like that  and then save your
changes

If the error reappears after rebooting go to your system registry through
the REGEDIT command and do a "hunt and destroy" mission on every instance of
"z:vvinesd.386."

Hope this helps!
--gary r. tennesen