From:
Michael C Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 10:56:55 -0700
Using a dual processor motherboard may be the ticket, but in order for it
to work, I believe both CPU's need to be the same speed, and you need to
be using an operating system that can utilize two processors.

Good luck,

- Hawk166_PWR (Michael Soto)

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000 01:11:03 -0400 Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> I have to say that's a strange request and I can't imagine doing
> something
> like that on a home (I assume it's home) system and I don't know
> what the
> benefits would be.  You could certainly purchase a new motherboard
> that
> supports two processors and as long as your running an operating
> system
> that will support that (i.e. WinNT/2000 or Linux) then you'll be
> fine.  (I
> don't know if there are any motherboards that support both
> slots/sockets at
> the same time but you could probably use a slocket).  However, it
> sounds
> like in order to do that you would need to buy a new MB.
> <snip>
> Just a thought,
>
> Bill Nussbaumer
>
> At 03:54 AM 9/9/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >         can any one help me, I have two mother boards (one with a
> slot 1
> > with a Pentium and the other is a socket 370 with a Pentium)
> >does any one know how I can combine these to effectively have one
> PC.
> >
> >any ideas would be great, as the Pentium is just lying around doing
> nothing.
> >
> >Many Thanks
> >

> >Steven Swann

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions