From:
Jacqueline MacWhirter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:18:40 -0400
 Hello David: Thank you so much for replying your information is a keeper I
am printing it out.  I just bought a wireless laptop around $4000 .  Just
for a test  I went about 4 long blocks  away from where I live  I had no
trouble logging on the internet-  I powered down quickly .  I have high
speed business cable. I was just very curious how this worked I was
certainly very  surprised.   The reason I had asked this question this
person does have a wireless laptop has to make frequent trips out of town
she was saying the connection  of the internet stays on most of the time.
She thinks its her own internet connection <G> I  am retired but actively
build my own computers except for laptops- I am not familiar at all with
networks, wireless as much as the hardware end.  The information you
presented is a real eye opener indeed. I was in a meeting taking notes in a
building  I noticed I had internet connection in this instance it was okay
but  I just disabled it until I got home. I did not realize how powerful
wireless really is.  I have wireless here- in my office also - Dlink router
with antenna  and Dlink card antenna -  I am not at all interested in
acquiring internet  at someone else expense but I would like to know how to
protect my own internet access- and information  since this question has
been brought up .  Most of the people  around here have cable not too many
have the high speed cable for business.  Thanks again for your wealth of
useful information ---  Jackie MacWhirter