From:
Gordon Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 00:46:10 -0600
Thanks, Joel; this pointed me in the right direction. I tried to
change the drive letter & received the following error message:
"The CD-ROM cannot be locked for exclusive use. Please check to
see if some applications are currently accessing the drive. If so,
close them and try again."

I closed all apps, including system tray items from the start-up
folder. The culprit seems to have been FlexiCD from the Microsoft
Powertoys collection; once removed from start-up, the K: cd drive
contents show in NT explorer. Even when the drive is renamed to Z:,
FlexiCD prevents the drive opening if FlexiCD was in start-up.

I don't know if others are using FlexiCD successfully, but I now
see this is a matter for PC-MS or PC-SOFT.

Thanks so much! This was a real annoyance.

> Date:    Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:11:37 -0400
> From:    Joel Bluming <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: lost cd drive in NT4.0
>
> Sounds to  me like your new partition on the hard drive is being assigned
> a drive letter which conflicts with the drive letter assigned to the cd.

> On Sun, 5 Jul 1998 13:03:37 -0600 Gordon Tyler
> >Problem now is that I click on my cd drive letter in NT explorer & a
> >window pops up: "K:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."

Gordon Tyler___________________________Department of Psychiatry
out-pt group psychotherapy_______University of Alberta Hospital
[log in to unmask], Alberta, Canada