From:
Rick Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:51:17 -0500
Hi,
Not sure if this is PCBUILD or PCSOFT as both areas are involved.
An older friend of mine has an AMD K6 with 32 Meg Ram given him by his daughter.  He also has a Motorola SM56 internal modem.  He was running Win 98 and all was well with the world. Then he decided to update to Win ME.  He formatted his HDD and did a clean install of ME (from handwritten notes from a store!).  Now the OS will not detect the modem.  Attempts to do it manually result in failure as , when you check properties it says the modem information is corrupt. Further that process will not read the cdrom drive which is ok with any other process.  Do you think ME is the problem?  I am loath to reload win 98 if it is not necessary (we are both newbies.)
Appreciate any advice.
Rick

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml