From:
"Mark M. Powdermaker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 22:15:39 -0500
Hi David,
    First check the manual that came with the printer and make sure the
paper path is completely clean, no paper fragments, dust, etc.
    Next, make sure you square up the paper when you load it, be sure that
the guides and supports are snug but not too tight, and check the package to
see if it says anything about using a particular side first. (This may just
be an arrow on the label, or something that says image this side first.)
    Also, try to keep your extra paper stored flat in its original package
and not to load too much into the printer.
     If you use one of the various recycled papers make sure to keep the
package closed as humidity can have quite a negative effect on these types
of paper.
     Lastly, be sure that your paper isn't too thick or too thin, 20 pound
weight is a good thickness to use. (Check the package label for the weight.)
Also don't buy  too large a quantity at one time. Long storage doesn't help.

HTH
Mark Powdermaker