From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:46:45 -0700
As long as things don't "wiggle" around and the connector is stationary,
this shouldn't be a problem.
Having said that, I would also like to say that you might be able to find
an old used monitor and remove the screws from that cord and put them on
your monitor.  This may take a little bit of force, but usually can be
done.  Also, you can remove the female connectors from the adaptor card and
put new ones in.  Just get a small wrench or pliers and unscrew the two
hexagon shaped screws from the back of the video card.  Then, you can screw
in replacements from another source.  Make sure you put new ones in though,
because often, these are the same screws that hold on the backing plate for
the card.

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS
http://bbs.magicom.net

>I have a problem. A computer I checked out last night has the tightening
>screws broken off of the monitor cord in the video adapter on the back of
>the computer. Will it work okay as long as it is stationary? Do you have to
>replace the monitor and install a new video adapter card? I didn't get the
>chance to actually hook it up and turn it on, so I don't know at this point
>if that is all that is wrong with it.
>
> Jamie Adams
>Independent Beauty Consultant
>www.marykay.com/jmadams75