Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 08:18:12 -0700
I have always found printer sharing to  be reliable. Tell us more about
the problems you've had and maybe we can help.
As for router ports, it sounds as though you have at least one spare
router, so just add it to the existing LAN. This pretty simple and we
can provide help if needed.

I'm in favor of wireless network printers, and my HP 6000 has been
flawless. Get  an NAS or USB/NAS adapter and you'll be OK.